Anita du Toit
Anita du Toit has been in franchising since 1998 and has gained experience servicing diverse clients in the telecommunications, automotive and retail industries in the South African franchise sector. She also gained experience as a product manager in retail banking and as a Franchise Specialist at FNB Commercial. Anita obtained a Masters Degree in Marketing with distinction from the University of Pretoria in 2000. She authored papers published in academic journals, including the Journal of Marketing Channels and Franchising Law and Policy Review. She also had papers accepted for reading at the annual conference of the International Society of Franchising in San Diego 2000 (co-author), Orlando 2002, San Antonio 2003, and Las Vegas 2004. Anita also delivered a paper on Tandem franchising at the Economics and Management of Networks (EMNET) conference in Rotterdam in 2007. Anita contributed chapters to books on social franchising and franchising, including Social Franchising (edited by Ilan Alon) in 2014 and Handbook of Research on Franchising (edited by Frank Hoy, Rozenn Perigot and Andrew Terry) in 2017.
Working as a franchise consultant at Deloitte & Touche, Anita was involved in the development of new products for the franchise market including the Franchise Systems Audit and the E test. While at Franchising Plus, the DTI commissioned Anita to write papers on Tandem Franchising and Social Franchising for its franchise division at the time, FRAIN. As a Franchise Specialist at FNB, Anita was instrumental in introducing the Franchise Think Tank and x2in5 initiative, an initiative aimed at doubling the franchise sector within 5 years. She also spearheaded and manages the annual FNB Franchise Leadership Summit co-sponsored by Franchising Plus. Currently, Anita is a senior consultant and partner at Franchising Plus. Anita’s key strengths include conceptualisation of strategy, project management and research.
Articles written by Anita
- Why the franchise agreement is important
- Strategic planning: The first step in franchising your business
- Anita du Toit from Franchising Plus talks to SABC 3 News
- 12 Franchise trends: What will 2017 hold?
- 10 Biggest Franchising Mistakes
- Can you be a franchisor? 5 factors that make franchisors successful
- Will your franchise be disrupted?
- KykNET Ontbytsake/Morning News interview with franchise expert, Anita du Toit
- What’s new in franchising?
- Interest rates, the economy and franchising
- Can I franchise my business?
- Is your franchise opportunity competitive?
- Are you recruiting franchisees effectively?
- Are brands still essential to franchises?
- How does Franchising Work & How to choose a Franchise
- The road to international expansion
- Implementing a successful marketing strategy
- Is your brand smashable?
- Ten top tips for marketing a franchise
- Creating Magic – 10 common sense leadership strategies from life at Disney.
- The Franchisor of the future – Surviving change and uncertainty
- How Acquisitions Affect Franchisees