Consultant and Partner
Eric completed his graduate studies by achieving a national diploma in metallurgy.
After holding a position in this industry for a number of years, he decided to pursue a career in the field of marketing and completed a three year Institute of Marketing Management (IMM) diploma. After working as a metallurgist at Haggie Rand Ltd for a period of seven years, Eric commenced his career in marketing and has garnered extensive experience in this field:
- Marketing Manager of Carlton Paper for six years.
- Managing Director of Kreepy Krauly / Perm Clean Pools for four years.
- Marketing Director of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) for six years.
- Executive Director of Interfare, the restaurant subsidiary of a listed company, for three years.
- Co-founder of Nando’s Chickenland, with his area of expertise being franchise and market development. During the seven years of involvement with this brand, Eric established a substantial branch network and was instrumental in the rapid roll-out of the brand, both in South Africa and internationally.
- Founder of Parker Gordon Associates together with Bendeta Gordon in 1994. The focus of this consultancy was on franchise development and distribution channel formulation.
During August 1998, Eric joined Deloitte & Touche as a director with responsibility for the establishment of a dedicated franchise division. In September 2000, Deloitte & Touche Franchising merged with Franchising Plus. Eric is a senior partner of Franchising Plus to this day.
Eric is a past Chairman of the Franchise Association of Southern Africa (FASA) and served on its Board of Directors for many years. In recognition of the valuable contribution he made, he was named the FASA Franchise Personality of the Year in 1995. Eric enjoys an outstanding reputation as a speaker on franchising and small business issues at functions and conferences. He is also sought after as a strategic thinker and facilitates most of the operational planning sessions hosted by Franchising Plus. Moreover, Eric has written or co-written several books on entrepreneurship, including two best sellers in their field namely ‘Run Your Own Business and Make Lots of Money’ and ‘Eric Parker’s Road Map to Business Success’.