Articles written by Lesley-Caren
- In Franchising you Need an EPIC Operations and Procedures Manual
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Copy / Paste Manual in Your Franchise
- The Basis for Ethical Relationships in Franchising – What does (or should) a franchisee expect from the franchisor?
- The Basis for Ethical Relationships in Franchising – What does the franchisor expect from the franchisee?
- Back to Basics… Customer Service
- Operations Manuals fit for the times!
Operations and Procedures Lead
Lesley-Caren Johnson is the Founder and Owner of Wordsparks Consultancy and Co-Founder of the Herding Cats Franchise Management Platform. She helps companies develop and streamline their management procedures, processes and business administration by compiling business policies, step-by-step procedures and other resources. These are then documented into user-friendly printed or online operations and procedures manuals which can be made available to business management and staff to assist in the consistent implementation of the policies and procedures. Lesley-Caren has more than 20 years’ experience as a consultant in the franchising sector and is therefore understands the importance of business systems and processes. She has also – over the years – trained small- to medium-size business owners in management, finance, customer service and basic business skills and mentors SME business owners as part of an Enterprise and Supplier Development Programme for one of South Africa’s leading banks. Her experience spans a wide variety of industries, including the hospitality, retail, beauty, signage, motor, farming, educational, consulting, financial services and food industries. She has worked for, and with, some of South Africa’s best-known companies including MTN (South Africa, Uganda and Rwanda), West Pack Lifestyle, Woolworths, TOTAL South Africa, Col’Cacchio Pizzeria, Vodacom, City Lodge Group of Hotels, Holiday Inn Hotel Corporation, Hollard, Deloitte & Touche Franchise Consulting, Jack’s Paint & Hardware, Worktrainer, Chip ‘n Dip, Liberty and the DCM Group.